Recent Posts

4.14.2011

Wee Linen Blouse

(((( *UPDATE! See the Wee Linen Blouse on a human baby HERE* ))))

A new blouse for Emmylou!  Oh you guys, I am SO proud of this one!
 
So proud in fact, that I took all my pictures at night and then [poorly] doctored them up, just so I could share this with you asap!  Let's say they're grainy and off-color because I wanted them that way because I'm a remarkable artist.  K?  :)


Oh hai little blouse!
I used this fabric, except in 'Baby Pink' which it looks like they're all out of now.  The stuff is like melted butter.  But still really easy to sew with!  Hoorah!


I used a lot of new-to-me techniques for this blouse.  One being a self lining!  And wow - I love, love how easy it was!  And the look of it - no bias tape, no little hems - gorgeous!  I referred to this great tutorial for doing the lining, and I will use it again and again!


Another supercute element I added was ruffle/flutter cap sleeves!  Could you just eat them?!?!  For those little buddies, I referred to another great tutorial, found here.  I had to do it a little differently though, since I was using the self lining.  I'm wicked proud of myself for figuring how to insert those little sleeves on my own!  :D


Button placket in the back!  I was going to use wooden buttons for a rustic-y, natural vibe, but my mom had these perfectly pink ones that I couldn't resist.  I'm loving the monochromaticness!  :D




I also attempted my first blind-hem, but something was wonky - it kept only catching one layer of the linen, even after maxing out my stitch width.  Frown.  I'll have to try that again on something different - such a lovely look!  So instead I just serged the bottom, folded up once and stitched!  Voila!

Might I also mention that I made this pattern?!  From scratch!  I measured my little model, and drew up a basic bodice pattern that I'll be able to use again and again.  I'm thinking about uploading it as a PDF...  would yall be interested in it?!  It's super simple, and can be jazzed up to your liking!  Sleeves!  Bow belts!  Ribbon trim!  Ruffles!  It might take me a little while to get on that, but I'll certainly do it if there's interest!  Holler atcha boo!


Alright yall, this blouse if off to party!
I'll try to get a shot of the missus wearing it this weekend!


Love to all,

32 comments:

  1. Oh-Em-Gee.

    This turned out even BETTER than we thought it would... um, can you make one in my size please?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't it?!!

    Yep, one for you, coming right up! After the 30 other things you've ordered ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! It's so cute! I would like to make it for my two years old niece... Thank you, Beate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is adorable!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Kim & Kate! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very very cute - So nice done :) Perfect for a little princess

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute .. love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So interested in the pattern. Perfect little shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. COme share at my party.

    http://makinitdomestic.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-time-to-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out so cute! Love your little model, she is a doll! :) Thanks for stopping by and linking, have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite adorable! Berthie is right, this would be great in adult sizes, too. I just don't think I could fasten my own buttons in back! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this little shirt....what a perfect pink too. It's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE it!!! I'm your newest follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is oh-so-cute! Fantastic job, I'm envious of your sewing skills! I'd love for you to stop by my blog sometime...www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes Id be interested in the pattern. love it. twoextralive@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, I'd love to have the pattern- just too darling :) I heart linen!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sweet! Linen is one of my favorite fabrics to wear!

    I would love it if you would link up at my new link party!!

    http://www.cherishedbliss.com/2011/04/craft-and-tell-tuesdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is beautiful!!! Well done Mama, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! it's so simple yet refined. I love linen...Very nice job at ironing it...I always have a hard time

    ReplyDelete
  20. it's lovely and i would love a pdf pattern;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow saw this on Kate's blog I HAD to come over and tell you how cute it looks!!! wow wish I could make on for my 2 year old! love the simple look! I would be interested if you upload the pattern Thanks for sharing1

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore it! I love buttons up the back.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Adorable! Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter- good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the shirt- beautiful:) Pattern would be a bonus:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. it's adorable, i would love to have a tuto to make the same for my baby girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ummm you make me wish I could sew better! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I’m usually to running a blog and i actually respect your content about Women Linen Tops.The article has really peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your site and preserve checking for new information.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...