Recent Posts

6.27.2011

Sunshine Sunsuit

 
HELLO FRIENDS!  :D
 
 
So after the 'nado, it became pretty clear that I needed to take a hot minute and regroup.  I had a few mini mental breakdowns following the tornado.  It's a difficult thing, as it turns out, to make it out of something like that unscathed - but to see on a daily basis the devastation that missed us by yards.  It's the definition of bittersweet.
 
I just needed to slow down and go on auto-pilot for a little while.  I allowed the breakdowns to come and go as they pleased, and I am happy to report that things are better now.  It takes me a while to process things in general anyway, but this... This was a biggun'.
 
We stayed at my parents house for the first several days.  They were running on a generator and my sweet mother said "hey, why don't you go home and get your sewing machine?".  YESSSS!  So I did, and I chose to make the happiest, sun-shiniest thing I possibly could. 
Enter the Sunshine Sunsuit:
 

Here's the back!  Bow Butt!  :D

The front - so simple and classic.

Here is the pattern...  It's from 1945, and it's probably my most dear pattern.  I'm glad I made it when I did - it oozes happiness. :)

SwoooOOon


Two rows of top stitching - my new go-to awesomeness.


I added those belt loops... Definitely needed them!


My first-ever facing!  I avoided them like the plague (why?!), but now I want to face EVERYTHINNNNNG!


I didn't bring my serger to my moms (ha, can you imagine!? "Hey, unplug the fridge so I can SERGE!" ;), so I finished the facing with my regular overlock stitch on my sewing machine.  Plenty good enough :)


Can you stand the level of cute this thing is!?  I can't.

I haven't had a chance to get pics of Her Nibs in it yet... The weather's been unworthy of this little gem.  I probably have a chance for pics today though!  Woo!

 
*See the Sunsuit on Emmy HERE!*
 
So yall can consider me back in action!  I have more things to show you soon - I've been a'sewin'!  :D
 
 
Missed you guys :)

32 comments:

  1. Oh this is just beautiful! The fabric is fabulous! I'd love for you to post this on my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party at www.laughloveandcraft.com. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah,

    I am so sorry about the breakdowns....I can't even imagine such awfulness.

    But you're so right...your dress is the sunshiniest thing I have seen, and I am DYING over that pattern. Purely lovelines. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my Gosh! This is soo stinkin cute I can't take it! Love the color and the cut! I am your newest follower! Hope you will share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/06/pink-hippo-party-35.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah- This is the best summer outfit I've EVER seen for a little girl! I'm so not exaggerating! I think the color, shape and butt bow are just perfect. I think the motivation behind it makes it even more special:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw you on tip junkie- HOW CUTE!!!!

    http://natsknapsack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is so cute, lovely way to brighten up your day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO pretty!! I love the color and that pattern is just ADORABLE! What a fun little summery outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so adorable. the color makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! This is adorable! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up : )

    www.cherishedbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. om goodness this is sooooo DARLING!!! you are amazing, i would love for you to share this at my link party goin on now.
    thanks
    xo
    ash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! There is nothing like a vintage pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. It is so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too adorable! I am your newest follower. If you get a chance, come check out my site.

    http://snips-and-spice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just made my day - that color is so happy. I'm so glad to hear you & your family are ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad everything is good now, I was wondering when you would post again!! :)
    I love the sunsuit!!! SOOO cute! you've got awesome sewing skills I am so jealous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. holy canoli this is so freakin' cute!

    seriously, why can't my friends have baby girls?? I would be a much happier seamstress/crafter :P

    Ali
    www.Foundintheali.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so stinkin cute!! I LOVE the yellow too. I wish this looked good on me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The sunsuit is adorable and it looks so darn cute on Emmy!! The yellow polka dot fabric just says HAPPINESS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute!! The fabric choice is perfect too! Good job

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! So absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I included your lovely sunsuit in my weekly Happy List!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this sunsuit - will have to try this! Thanks for linking this up. I've featured it at this week's Craftastic Monday party- stop by & grab a Featured On button:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhh, so sweet! I love it! The little bow butt is the best part :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...