I made this log thing after Snowmegeddon.
Actually, I shouldn't say "I" made it... Here's a brief tutorial:
Yay!! Now, I've only been running for a few short months, although I used to run a lot like, a decade ago. Me and my male BFF did pretty good! Meaning, we didn't come in last and second to last! :D We're planning on running a lot more races in the near future!
I love running because I have ridiculous amounts of mental energy that spill over into the jitters (ADHD much?), and I just feel this incredible need to go flying out the door. It's especially good for me when I have no time to sew and be creative - that energy needs to get out somehow, and I can bump out a few miles in the time it takes me to trace out a pattern!
- Emmy had squash. And liked it.
- My in-laws came to visit! It was a wonderful week! We went and chopped down a Christmas tree & then dressed it all up, took a leisurely drive through Bright Nights, and Emmy got to really reacquaint herself with her Nali's (Navajo for grandparent). It was lovely! :)
- I have been sewing! But since all I'm sewing right now is Christmas presents, I can't post about them until after the holiday! Bummer! (that's going under the assumption that my family still reads my blog... :)
BUT! I am also making Emmy's Christmas dress, and being fairly certain that she does not read my blog, I can show you!
It's just in pieces right now, but I can show you what I'm working with.
This is the original inspiration:
So I'm doing a frankenpattern mash-up to make something similar. I'm using this pattern for the skirt & bodice.
The skirt will be in shiny red satin and a textured (dupioni-ish) green satin, and the bodice & sleeves are in ivory stretch velvet. I'm using the 3/4 sleeves from this pattern:
But my stretch velvet is like... really stiff. I'm pretty bummed about that and I don't know how the fabric will handle all that volume in the sleeve. Emmy's going to look like a linebacker, and I've come to a place where I'm ok with that. There's just no time, people.
- Suggested to Emmy that maybe she oughta help out and make her own dress.
- Been spending a lot of time with that sweet little one above, and a lot less time internetting. My Reader has been at 1000+ for weeks, and to be honest, I couldn't care less. There are a lot of blogs I love to read and be inspired by, but there are also a lot that are - for me - just time consuming and inspiration-sapping. Do not want. So now my evenings involve a lot of singing and dancing, and very little farting around on the computer. I still hit Pinterest pretty hard though. ;)
But I think with a much-needed time management overhaul, I can once again become a more-than-once-a-month blogger.
Stay tuned for the finished Christmas dress, will you?
And if you made it through this whole post then you get TEN interweb points!! Woo!
Love to all!