Recent Posts

4.22.2013

Kids Clothes Week - Day 1!



Good day, all!

Did everyone get tons of sewing prep done this weekend?!  I know I did!

Let's jump right in!  My KCW posts are going to be short and sweet - I work full-time and usually take all my blog photos on the weekend, so these are going to be over-edited, early morning iPhone pics, k?  K.  :)





This is the Little Pleated Tunic by one of my all-time favorite pattern designers, Heidi & Finn.


Except in lieu of the center pleat, I cut the bottom pattern piece just about in the middle, and spread it apart about 2-3 inches to add side gathers.  Like so:


The fabric is a delicious ivory linen (I think it's a blend though - doesn't winkle as hardcore as 100% linen - hooray).  I bought this fabric at Joann's last summer!  They often have stuff just like this though... Linens or 'linen-look's.  It's such a dream to sew with.  


I love how right now it's a dress, but it will grow with her all summer, and probably be a top NEXT summer!  Excellent!
Ok, happy sewing all!  Gotta go!
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. This is really sweet. Thank you for sharing! I’d love to have you visit me at Get Your Crap Together! We have a Pattern Party with free patterns from the 1st of the month to the 10th that I’d love for you to check out. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet tunic! I love the look of linen fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look perfect on her! I agree that their "linens" are easy to use. I've made a few skirts for myself with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay she is so precious! i love how she looks in the awesome tunic. plus she'll be able to wear that sucker forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a pretty little gal - love this top and love JoAnn linen, too! what am i doing blog-reading...need to go sew. it's KCW, baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter brings the cute factor, big time...love her! And this is so perfect, I agree with the linen blends, I do love them, and this is a perfect little dress, the grow-with-me factor is always a plus!
    ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're a gaggle of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful info to work
    on. You have done an impressive job and our whole group might be grateful to you. Feel free to surf to my website
    online kids clothes
    designer kids clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips. very well, Very informative blog, it is very nice and expressive information shared here.


    Lollipop Moon

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...