Recent Posts

3.06.2011

Birthday Dress

Happy Sunday yall!  I got some sewing done yesterday!  Woot!
I made this little dress for a co-workers' grandbabys' birthday.  Joyce, if you're reading this, this isn't for Haylee.  ;)
 

Oh, how I love it!

 This dress is McCalls 6055 - a really cute, really easy little frock.  I sewed the green version below, sans bedazzling.

M6055

The yoke on this thing was a beast.  I didn't end up sewing it as the instructions called for - I used the method found in Prudent Baby's Snappy Toddler Top.  I've made that top pre-blog with much success, so I just went with what I knew!  It turned out fine, methinks. 

Beast yoke.

I sewed three lines of stitching around the yoke, for what I was hoping would be a cute, boutiquey detail.  I tried to make it all swirly and wavy, but I kept zoning out and sewing straight!  Doof!  So it looks... interesting.  ;)

Peacocks!
 
Detail of my ultra fancy stitching.  lol

I love how this dress came out.  It was a Saturday afternoon well spent.  :)

I hope the birthday girl enjoys it!


Love to all,


27 comments:

  1. I came over from Polly Want a Crafter? and love this dress (and I'm not even a seamstress). The peacock fabric is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Thank you Brandy! Yeah, I love this fabric too!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. visiting from Sumo's Sweet Stuff, the the end product

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I love this! Love the peacock fabric! Very cute! Makes me wish I could sew :)

    I am stopping by from Skip to my Lou and would love for you to stop by and enter my first ever giveaway!

    http://livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/drum-roll-please.html

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I'm definitely bookmarking it for when I'm a better sewer.

    PS - Came over from Sew Much Ado - check me out @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Oh my aspirations of sewing, someday someday! I hope!! Ha...would love for you to link this up on my party too if you get a minute!!
    http://eisymorgan.blogspot.com/2011/03/inspired-by-you-wednesday-4-link-party.html
    Newest Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you Gals!!! :D

    Lovin' the love ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful! I love the pattern and the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on Sew Much Ado, it is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! I love this dress! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this dress. It makes me want to go and buy a sewing machine today and get to sewing. Very talented. I am having a blog giveaway, hope you can join. http://keepinglifefunwithonecraftatatime.blogspot.com/2011/03/first-blog-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for linking up at Make Something Mondays!! Can't wait to see what you have next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came out great!! I am visiting from Someday Crafts and I am a new follower!
    Have a fantastic day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the squiggly stitches, I thought they were unintentional and I got a little excited because (I do the same thing, except opposite) I sew curvy instead of straight. This pattern is too cute!

    Came from Creations by Kara!
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a mccalls pattern like this. Your dress came out so cute, I am going to have to add that pattern to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! I wish you'd make one for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds.
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/03/inspire-me-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for linking this up! I featured you today. Come grab a button!

    http://wildflowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/03/sew-crafty-saturday-wfeatures-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is super cute. I am trying to get a dress sewn for my little diva this weekend.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just went to buy this pattern and it was out of stock :( Boo hoo. Good thing I go to JoAnn's often :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...