Recent Posts

3.25.2011

A Good Dress

I finished my Dress a Girl Around the World dress!

Isn't she pretty!?

I printed out and was planning on using LBG Studios adorable Pillowcase Dress pattern and tutorial, but at the last minute I decided I wanted to make my own pattern.  If I can't make a pillowcase dress from scratch, I don't have much promise as a future pattern designer now do I?  I think it came out SO cute!  Proudface!



It was an easy decision to hack into my precious one yard of Heather Bailey for this dress.  I've been so reluctant to use it, but this was a no brainer.  The best little piece of fabric for the best cause a little piece of fabric could go to.  :)

French seams.  Delish.



Oh, how I love it!

My original plan was to make two of these dresses, but life got in the way over the last couple of weeks - some good life things, like Emmylou turning ONE!, and having family in town, and some bad life things pertaining to the big green ribbon on my side bar :P

And since I have a bazillion new ideas swirling about my head that I want to get moving on, I thought maybe I could pay forward the good.  Here are the bits and pieces of the second dress I was going to make: 

This fabric is a lot brighter in person!  Night time pictures didn't do it any favors...


I'm wondering, lovely readers, would one of yall want to make this dress?  I have the pattern and tutorial all printed out and ready to go.  New thread, new bias tape, pre-washed adorable fabric...



Even the address for where to send the dress when you're done...

 
  
The pattern just needs to be taped and cut/traced.

So, whadaya say?

Obviously, you don't have to make this dress... You can do whatever you please!  I just feel the need to do a good thing in exchange for the good that I have in my life.

I'm not even going to call this a Giveaway.  Just a gift between friends. :)

So if you want this little batch of goodies, just leave a comment on this post with a way to get in touch with you if you win!  I'll do that random number thing on Sunday night and announce the winner on Monday!

*THE GIFT-AWAY IS NOW CLOSED*

If you want more info on the cause or to see more finished dresses, head on over to LBG Studios!




LBG studio
 
 
 
Love to all,
 
 

24 comments:

  1. the red is fabulous. makes the whole dress pop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric. So cute. I think yours turned out great.

    Ellie
    http://homestitched.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your fabric choice is fantastic. Such a pretty little dress. I featured it on my blog :) hope that's ok. http://sisterhoodofthecraftypants.blogspot.com/2011/03/dress-girl.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fabric. Your project folder is really neat too. Visiting from Momma's Kinda Crafty.
    ~Kimberlee
    www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Tatertots and Jello. The dress is adorable, but I do love the fabric for the 2nd dress best. You did a wonderful job!
    Have a Great Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress turned out just lovely! Good on you using your precious fabric. I participated in this sew-a-long too. My dresses are here http://twincess.blogspot.com/2011/03/pillowcase-dresses-for-charity.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute! I need to make one for my little girl now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would happily make the second dress for you. I have been looking to make one for Craft Hope, but I haven't found a suitably lovely pillowcase. It would be a delight. :-)

    kristenf (at) gmail (dot) com

    The first one is just lovely, really.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that! I especially love that fabric! thanks for stopping by and linking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make a second dress. :) horobwes at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to make the second dress. I've made before for a friend of my daughters. They are too cute and super simple.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yours turned out so cute and the red trim was SUCH a good choice! I would be happy to make the second one.
    kristie (dot) rounke (at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I have my pillowcase all ready for me to turn it into a dress. I just need to get on it.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  14. This so pretty!Would you share the address so anyone can make it and send?
    ladeedacreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the red and the fabric. thanks for linky up to Sister Sunday
    Amy
    SistersoftheWildWest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you used french seams inside. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really cute! This is on my list of things to do :)

    ~Andrea
    www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet.

    Buffie
    http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Job Sarah. It is so sweet that you used your best fabric. Some little girl is going to be so pleased. Looking forward to seeing more pretty sewing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your dress looks great! I have a shirt that no longer fits me that I wanted to make into a dress for my daughter- I'm using your post as inspiration! Thanks for linking up at Sew Much Ado!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hiya visiting from bcd show and tell and your newest follower x dress is fab and cute , tfs x hope to see you at mine soon and maybe you will follow me too xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous, once again..love it! Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...