Recent Posts

5.17.2013

The Seafarer Top by Sew Much Ado



Hey hey hey!  Happy Friday!

4th Annual Martini Night at my co-workers house tonight.  Happy Friday, indeed.


So a short while ago Abby from Sew Much Ado posted on Instagram a sneak peek of her awesome new pattern, and a call out for testers.  I jumped on that so hard (I think I was the first commenter, lol.)

I've admired Abby for a long while, and I haven't sewn anything for myself in ages, AND it's a knit top.  Win times three.


SO, here is my Seafarer Top!




Let me just point out that this fabric was impossible to photograph.  It's a different color in every picture I took.  Ehh.  It's a beautifully luscious rayon knit (similar here).  I literally wore this top the whole day after I made it and then again the next day.  Ew.  BUT SO COMFORTABLE. 


Do I like it, you ask?


Yes, yes I do.  Haha!  Look how excited Emmy and I are in our handmade wares.
She's wearing one of her many Skater Dresses.


This pattern is so, so great.  It's a super-fast sew and it's much more versatile than your basic tee pattern.  It's a dolman style top with lots of options for customization. 

The version I tested has bands to finish the arms, neckline, and waist.  Love that, it creates a great finished look without the hassle of hemming.  There are other options included to finish the neckline, arms and bottom hem more traditionally, like so:


How cute is Abby.


Another awesome aspect of this pattern is the little pocket!  You can choose really any fabric you desire for the pocket.  My purple/red/pink/fuchsia knit fabric has a subtle sheen to it, so I used charmeuse for the pocket, making this top appropriate for my relatively casual office day-job.  WIN. 
  




I L.O.V.E this version:


I can't wait to make heaps more of these tops.  HEAPS.


So head on over to Sew Much Ado to get your copy of the Seafarer Top, and to check out more shots of Abby's gorgeous beach photoshoot!  



Have a great day, all!  I'll have a 'tini for ya tonight!  ;)


Pin It

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, haha thank you, Alida! But I think YOU have the cute market cornered!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I love the pocket. I was thinking of buying the pattern and I think you just made up my mind for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! You are cute as can be with that awesome shirt! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love. . . I may actually make this. I'm picturing it with (duh, what else) a monogrammed pocket. I have never made something for myself before. It may be time! You're looking fabulous. Big hugs and kisses to you all. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this version! The top is super cute and easy to wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!! It suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so would love to sew a roly poly for my little miss. your's is probably the most amazing i've seen so far... annikaferk(at)googlemail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...